I’m building a new blog that will be going on my business domain (www.weirdgrrl.ca) and I’ve been taking it for a test drive. I still have a lot to decide (like platform…ugh) and I still have lots of tinkering to do with the design, but it’s here if you wanna take a sneak peek: Limes with Orange II.
I just came across this YouTube video on the blog of Mike the Mad Biologist: “Creationist Sez: Peanut Butter Disproves Evolution…” Yep, something about the fact that when we open a jar of peanut butter and no living creature ever crawls out of it proves for a fact that evolution couldn’t happen. Wow, what mastery of logic! 🙄
Operate on the stuffed bunny… don’t let him die!
Just to be clear, the title is not an assertion of my self-identity; it’s the title of a hilarious and peculiar blog (peculiar being the best type of hilarity). With posts like “Psychic chat drives fire marshal to quit” and “German police rescue 91-year-old man glued to roof,” you know you’re in for some entertaining reading at I Am Not a Hamster. But I, being the geek that I am, was particularly drawn to “Pi fans to meet March 14 (3.14, get it?).” I can’t believe I missed Pi Day! I think I need to start a calendar for all these odd little “days” that one can celebrate.
For some reason, the Schoolhouse Rock song “Conjunction Junction” is one of those songs that pops up in my head at least a few times a year. I finally decided that someone must have posted it on You Tube by now and I was right:
And for any other Schoolhouse Rock fans out there, you can also watch “The Shot Heard Round the World” and any number of other old favourites!
81. I’m a vegetarian.
82. I have been for 18 years.
83. I tried being a vegan for a summer but soy cheese sucks!
84. Favourite pizza toppings: tomatoes, pineapples, green olives and banana peppers.
85. Favourite flavour combination: peaty Scotch and curry chips.
86. Favourite carbonated beverage: Brio (Italian soda)
87. Most often found drinking: diluted apple juice.
88. Most often found eating: Vietnamese subs
89. I used to hate cilantro.
90. They put cilantro on Vietnamese subs.
91. I like cilantro now.
92. I still hate ginger.
93. I drive a Honda Civic.
94. Correction… I OWN a Honda Civic, she doesn’t actually want to be driven right now.
95. First she went Crunch!
96. Now she wants a new clutch.
97. My currently temperamental Civic is named Newt.
98. After the character in James Cameron’s Aliens.
99. I’m a James Cameron junkie.
100. Which I believe will save me from turning into an art film snob.
101. I actually came up with 100 random things to say about myself… cool.
That’s the tagline of WomanSavers.com, a website with the world’s largest database rating men both good and bad. I did a quick search. My sister’s ex-stalker is not in there, nor are the two men that I know for certain cheated on their wives or the one who liked to dish out the abuse—perhaps I should remedy that—but there are around 30 men in the database from Calgary, ranging from 0-116 in their ratings. Low numbers to be avoided like the plague, high numbers being the men you want to take home to meet the folks.
The site also has articles (like “Signs of Cheating Men“) and support forums, but the best part is the fun stuff. They have quizzes! I’m a quiz junkie… even if it did tell me that my expectations for a man are too high and that I would find fault with anyone… *sigh* (now I’m afraid to take the “Are you commitment Phobic?” quiz). And ecards and contests and games, oh my! (Their Match Game is surprisingly addictive and the Tarot Game… eerily accurate).
A site that is at once noble, informative and fun… sweet!
Huang Liqian of China first discovered a bizarre growth on the back of his neck in 1990, but chose to ignore it. The growth continued to enlarge, reaching its current size of 15kg. Liqian finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a neck tumour… ya think?!?!
Thanks to Metro.co.uk for the story!
Did you know that if you multiply 111,111,111 by 111,111,111 you get 12,345,678,987,654,321?
(Source: Jive Weekly, Volume 11:4)